King Williams District
San Antonio

1939 Saint Scholastica Convent is now a restaurant.

Former Alamo Methodist Church was remodeled for a restaurant also.

1891 Cottage was home of Carl Schulze one of SA's leading homebuilders.

1895 Lovely Victorian-Empire style

Another 1895 Home

1903 Greek Revival Style

A pair of stately lions guard the front porch.

A 1910 Greek Revival

A mosaic bench at the Eagleland Drive trailhead for the riverwalk.

A bowstring truss bridge spans the San Antonio River.

View from the left side of the bridge.

Looking off the right side of the bridge.

Carol and Ed on the bridge.

An information board tells us this area used to be the terminal yard for the San Antonio Belt RR which gave connections to the MKT for grain shipments, etc.

A Dia de los Muertos figure in front of Burgerteca Hamburgers.

A portrait of Mike Casey - Mayor of Southtown who was a legendary dancer.

A memorial bench to Yvonne Parks Lifshutz.

The Alamo Street Bridge over the San Antonio River.

A grouping of mosaic seats near Halcyon Southtown (a coffee shop during the day, a cocktail club at night).

View off the left side of the Alamo Street Bridge.

A very long mural on the Insco Distributing building.

Guenther House and Mill with Pioneer Mill in the background.

Guenther House is now a restaurant.

No information found on this one.

1876 Second Empire Style is now a museum open for tours.

This one is undergoing restoration. No information found on it.

A non-working fountain.

Twin houses built by Joseph Madison and Birdie Lanier Nix

1894 Romanesque Revival Style

1888 Victorian-Empire Style

1877 One of the first homes in the King Williams neighborhood.

1876 was when construction began. Addition of tower came at a later date.

1876 Italianate Style

1906 Neoclassical Design

Fountain in front of the home.

1880 Victorian

Would like to know the story of how this 1940 Art Deco style got into the district.

Little Library Box

1881 Italianate Style

This gazebo was moved to King Willliam park in 1953 from another location .

Ed and Carol taking a short break.

A child's playhouse

Masonic Lodge #8

1857 Greek Revival

1870 Italianate home is up for sale!

El Toro

Pretty mural on Mexican Restaurant.

James Butler Bonham Elementary School was built in 1889

Pretty planters

Pig Stand Drive-ins started in 1921. They were the first to use carhops. They claim to have invented deep-fried onion rings. Company is now defunct.

This is where the walk started.