Throckmorton YRE
Throckmorton County


22 ft Longhorn can be seen for miles.

1893 Jail is now the "Old Jail Museum". This is where our walk started.


   Cute sign in the City Park.

Center section of a religious mural.


This is one of Joe Barrington's creations on display at his studio.

Another of creation at the studio.


Mural on the studio. No info on whether this is his artwork or someone else's.

Raven on top of the studio's chimney.


Cisco and Northeastern Railway Depot was remodeled in 1996 for use as the Public Library.

The volunteer fire department was established May of 1925. This fire station was erected by the WPA in 1937.


This longhorn and prickly pear cactus are Joe Barrington's creations.

The courthouse was erected in 1890. In the 30s it was remodeled and the tower was removed. In 2010 the building was restored to its 1890 glory.



A Memorial to Texans Who Served the Confederacy Erected by the State of Texas 1963

Throckmorton County Veterans Memorial on the courthouse lawn.


Pioneer Plaza has this statue and other interesting items.

Bleeding heart in Pioneer Plaza.


Bison on the wall of Pioneer Plaza.

Mural of the courthouse on another wall of Pioneer Plaza.



Mini lending library in front of the Texan Theater. (Texan closed in 1957)

First Baptist Church


Former First Presbyterian Church sits vacant.

Rice Auditorium built by the WPA in 1936.


Saguaro cactus made from horseshoes.

First Methodist Church



Masonic Lodge chartered in 1878 at Fort Griffin. Moved to Throckmorton in 1886.