Stamford YRE
Jones County

We parked at Harmon Park to start the walk. We saw three sculptures across the street. All were made by former Stamford Mayor Johnny Anders.


Praying Mantis

Milllipede made of car rims.



St. John's Methodist Church is a Prairie Style Church built in 1910.


Vintage Gulf Station is now home to the Stamford EMS.

1917 Beaux Arts City Hall with a fire department garage attached.


Small section of Cattle Roundup mural.

Looking back, there is an Old Coca-Cola sign.


First Baptist Church built in 1908.

Old Magnolia gas station built in the 1930s sits empty.


1917 Stamford Post Office is a Beaux Arts Building.

1928 Plateresque Style building across from the courthouse.



Stamford Veteran's Memorial on the corner of the Post Office

Chamber of Commerce sign... it was 102 when we walked by.



     Grand Theater opened in 1926. The current facade was installed in 1950.

Cowboy Cook Mural


1928 Spanish Colonial Revival building erected by the West Texas Utilities Company.

Stamford Carnegie Library was built in 1910. It is still in use as a library.



Land for the park was donated to the city in 1924. In 1939 the National Youth Administration made improvements to it.