Stephenville Volksmarching Event
WPA constructed Recreation Hall
Stephenville Lodge No 267 A.F. & A.M. - lodge erected in 1973.
Young Building erected in 1896.
A distinctive rendition of the Romanesque Revival style, this courthouse, completed in 1892 features striking use of locally-quarried limestone accented with Pecos sandstone.
|Moo-La is the name of the fiberglass Holstein cow statue in the center of Stephenville. Erath County is the "No. 1 Dairy County in Texas."|
|F.A. Schnabel had this 2-story brick building erected 1897-99. Schnabel personally hauled the brick for this building to Stephenville from the Thurber brick plant.|
|City hall occupies the remodeled Stephenville State Bank building which was built in 1953.|
|Vintage brick service station currently houses "Soup and More".|
|Architect Mark Lemmon of Dallas designed this Art Deco U.S. Post Office building which was a 1935 WPA project.|
|Art Deco office building with glass brick.|
|Former First Baptist Church with Temple front erected in 1926. Now used for preschool classes.|
|First Christian Church erected in 1966.|
|Entrance gates to Tarleton State University - a public co-educational university and a member of the Texas A&M System.|
|A 2001 replica of the 1927 Hunewell Bandstand that was razed in 1963.|
|Entrance to Tarleton State University Military Memorial|
|Bas-relief art on the E.J. Howell Education Building.|
|1902 Cannon on permanent display on the university campus.|
|Bas-relief steer (sheep?) above the entrance to Joe W. Autry Agricultural Building.|
|Ultra - dedicated to Dean J. Thomas Davis on April 6, 1982. Dean Davis was head of Tarleton from 1919 until 1943.|
|A 15' granite obelisk in a triangular island between the roads marks the final resting place of John Tarleton, for whom Tarleton State University is named.|
|Lovely gates of West End Cemetery.|