New Braunfels Volksmarch
04/28/2018

Entrance to the start area with a historical marker.

Walkers gathered on the front porch of the old school registering.

Spiva-Welsch Barn-1849. This building became part of the museum complex in 1972.

Forke Store-1865

Star Exchange and Billiard Room-1865
It was built as a saloon.
From 1872-1957, the Herald Zeitung newspaper occupied.
It then became a barber shop.

In the center is the Freiheit School 1881.
On the right is the Lohse-Fischer House - 1865.
On the left is the Locksted-Seibold House 1855.

Nice vine covered pergola.

volksmarchers

Carol and Ed.

We met Carlen, who was headed in to the finish.

Susan and Q-Tip were headed in also.

Rick and another walker are headed toward the checkpoint.

Blooming cactus.

Baptist Church.

Back at the finish.

Counter